Blinded by Confetti Cannon
A special effects business has been handed a £16,000 fine and ordered to pay the same amount in costs after a confetti cannon cost a woman her sight.
What happened and why?
Party goers were put in a dangerous position by the use of a pyrotechnic device in a night club which needed 25 meters of clearance to operate safely.
One clubber suffered severe facial injuries and blindness.
Check the instructions before authorising the use of similar devices at your venue. Formalise your findings in a risk assessment.